Category Archives: Football

FIFA end Cameroon exile

Cameroon have been welcomed back to the world of international football after FIFA lifted their competitive ban on Monday.

The Cameroon Football Association were on July 4 excluded from all international action due to the country’s government becoming involved in the running of the national team.

The news came as a massive blow to the Indomitable Lions as they were in danger of missing out on playing their final 2014 World Cup qualifier, where they will meet Libya to decide who goes through from the group stages.

However, coach Volker Finke’s men will now be able to defend their top-spot in Group I after FIFA confirmed the ban had been lifted.

A statement from world football’s governing body read: “FIFA passed a decision (Monday), 22 July 2013, to lift the suspension of the Cameroonian Football Association (FECAFOOT) given that the conditions previously set have been met.

“As requested by the FIFA Emergency Committee, the normalisation committee that was appointed on 20 July 2013 was able to take up its duties this Monday, 22 July 2013, at the FECAFOOT headquarters, with FIFA and CAF observers present.

“The lifting of the suspension means that FECAFOOT’s clubs, officials and other representatives can immediately resume their activities, which had been interrupted. The same applies for the resumption of the courses and various programmes provided by FIFA, CAF and other member associations.

“FIFA and CAF will continue to closely monitor the situation, particularly in relation to the revision of the FECAFOOT statutes.”

Suitable price, Rodgers Release Suarez?

Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers gives the signal if they are ready to sell Luis Suarez if the incoming bid for Uruguayan striker was later deemed suitable.
Suarez ended last season with 10 penalties related controversial fight that he received due to bite Chelsea defender, Branislav Ivanovic. And this summer called relentless speculation the 26-year striker ready leave from Anfield.
Rodgers himself had no intention of removing Suarez insists, although he also does not preclude it. “Unless there is a bid that comes close to the value, then there’s no need to be considered – and we have not found it. So this time, he was back in the team and report to training at the right time, “he told The Daily Star.
But Rodgers insists if the priority is to defend Suarez on Merseyside. “He is a player who clearly had a lot of talk and speculation accompanying pause throughout the season. But the reality is he is very respected player in Liverpool, “added the former coach of Swansea.

Spanish trio Possible First game Absent in Chelsea

Spanish-owned three Chelsea players, likely will miss their first game in the Premier League. Fernando Torres, Juan Mata, and Cesar Azpilicueta, its power will be used by the Spanish national team to face Ecuador on 14 August 2013.

All three will be flown to London 24 hours before the first match against Hull City Blues held on August 18, 2013. Highly unlikely if all three matches to play after passing an international level adjacent and fly in a relatively long journey time.

“For a list of players that will be deployed against Hull, I will specify in the two days before the opening match was held. Due to their list of players to rely on the defense of the national team,” said the Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho as reported by the Guardian.

“I’m not going to let them play with the physical condition is not good. They will do the grueling trip from Ecuador for 15 hours,” he continued.

Currently they also are not included in Chelsea’s pre-season tour in Thailand and Indonesia. Three players are still going off after defending Spain in the 2013 Confederations Cup.

July 3, 1974: Total Football, Joga Bonito Pulping

Brasil versus Belanda pada 1974. (dok. Istimewa)

On July 3, 1974, Netherlands to ensure a place in the final of the World Cup. Carrying the typical game of Total Football, Johan Cruyff cs successfully crushed Joga Bonito Brazilian style with two goals unrequited.

The meeting was presented in the final match second group phase. Before this game, the two teams both have two wins from another rival, East Germany and Argentina. Thus, the winner of the match Netherlands versus Brazil will make the final step. While the losers had to settle for competing in the third place playoff.

Led by Ballon d’Or winner, Cruyff, De Oranje aggressive strategy attacking style of Total Football. While in camp Brazil, still relying on veteran players, Jairzinho, who scored seven goals in the World Cup before.

The game itself runs fierce and hard. Pretty much a violation occurs. Despite giving birth just three yellow cards and two untuuk Brazil to the Netherlands. However, total fooball proven its value. Once as strong in the first half, Johan Neeskens and Cruyff was able to record two goals in a span of five minutes.

Asa Brazil catch up just tipped havoc. In the 84th minute, Luis Pereira had sent off by German referee Kurt Tschenscher West due to a hard tackle. The result, a 2-0 win and lock the Netherlands the right to advance to the finals, before foundered from the hosts, West Germany with the score 1-2 at the Olympiastadion, Munich.

Arsenal Make Bids Luis Suarez So £ 42 Million

EKSKLUSIF: Tawaran Arsenal Buat Luis Suarez Jadi £42 Juta

According to Goal UK, Arsenal have again filed a bid of £ 42 million to acquire Luis Suarez.

Arsenal are ready to pay compensation of £ 35 million transfer to Liverpool plus bonus £ 7 million to get their first big-name signings this summer.

Arsenal chase against Suarez has been developed over the past month. Suarez desire to leave Anfield seems increasingly stimulating Arsenal launching bid to continue. Moreover, the player’s representative said his client is interested in joining to the Emirates because of the lure of playing in the Champions League. Finally, Arsenal bid of £ 35 million, £ 30 million plus a bonus of £ 5 million, Liverpool rebuffed.

The new bid amount is a record for the Gunners. The figure was almost double that of their offer of £ 23.1 million while trying to tempt Gonzalo Higuain. Later Real Madrid striker was more inclined to move to Napoli with a record fee of £ 31.8 million.

McCarthy’s Musings: Directness and precision prompt U.S. dominance over Honduras

Klinsmann has shown the dexterity to alter his formation and use different players to extract the best performances out of his squad in this tournament. His decision to stick with the successful 4-4-2 setup – complete with the often criticized and quietly influentialKyle Beckerman in central midfield – and start Eddie Johnson up top reaped significant dividends against a Honduras outfit ill-equipped to cope with the problems presented by those selections.

Johnson made particular sense in this match because he offered the Americans a chance to stretch the field vertically. He offers decent hold up work as a nominal target player, but his true strength remains pushing behind the opposing line and relying on his pace to unsettle opposing defenses. His immediate contribution against El Salvador on Sunday mandated his inclusion tonight. And his work on the evening – combined with the willingness to play narrowly on the shoddy and tight temporary surface at Cowboys Stadium – ultimately exposed the weakness within the Honduras ranks.

Honduras coach Luis Fernando Suárez left out most of his regulars for this tournament and shunted a few of his remaining pieces into unfamiliar areas to form his 4-2-3-1 formation. The absences ofVictor Bernárdez, Roger Espinoza and Wilson Palacios proved particularly harmful on this night as the Hondurans prepared to deal with Johnson and the robust American approach. That particular trio adds the resolve and the steel necessary to deal with the combined threat of an in-form Landon Donovan buzzing around and Johnson trying to push through the defense.

In their stead, the Hondurans completely collapsed when confronted with direct play from back to front. Donovan dropped off at will to pull the rearguard apart. Johnson operated as a target man from time to time and surged through the line frequently against a back four ill-equipped to cope with the movement and the power presented by the Americans on the night.

Johnson registered the opener through a streamlined move through the middle of the park. Clarence Goodson played the ball into Donovan’s checking run back into midfield. Donovan flicked through to catch out the stagnant Honduran rearguard. Johnson then raced behind the line and slotted home to open the scoring after just 11 minutes.

At that point in the affair, Honduras should have adjusted to the threat created by the American willingness to bypass the midfield at times and pile pressure on the back four with vertical balls. Most of the fault lays with the center defenders – Osman Chávez endured a torrid night when his experience should have helped to guide him through – for failing to communicate properly and rectifying at least a portion of those concerns with better positioning.

The second goal reinforced the themes introduced by the first. Johnson flicked a direct ball out of the back toward the back line. Alejandro Bedoya – perhaps in his most influential match in a U.S. shirt – beat his marker to the pass and shuffled it toward Donovan in the middle. And Donovan produced a goal of sublime quality – a cushioned trap off the chest and an instinctual flick with the outside of his foot – to cap off the move.

Honduras somehow managed to survive the remainder of the half without conceding and then switched its personnel at halftime. Suarez sent Marvin Chávez and Jerry Palacios into the fray to give his side more menace going forward, but the American dominance in possession – keeping the ball when required and then using it effectively to create chance after chance – blunted their influence.

Chavez did impact the game from a set piece to arrange the last meaningful sequence of the match. The San Jose winger exploited the Americans’ continued weakness on set pieces with a teasing service from the right. The unmarked Nery Medina headed home to inject some modest doubt into the proceedings. It lasted for less than a minute as another Goodson longball over the top, another pass from Bedoya and another finish from Donovan restored the two-goal lead in short order and scuttled any lingering thoughts about a Honduras revival.

It never looked likely anyway, given the cohesiveness and the menace conjured by the Americans on the night. Klinsmann correctly identified the Honduran weakness with his team selection and watched his players feast on that soft core time and time again. The entire display oozed confidence and reinforced the now pervasive notion that the United States will enter the final as the favorite. Klinsmann will have one or two concerns to address – including his own availability for the match after his late dismissal – before the encounter, but he can take ample encouragement from this display as the preparations for Sunday’s final in Chicago commence.

Wellington Reject Galatasaray For Inter

Sao Paulo midfielder has rejected interest Wellington Turkish giants, Galatasaray because just want to play for Inter Milan.
“Players have rejected Galatasaray interest, why? because he just wants to join Inter, “said Gustavo Aribas agent.
“The Nerazzurri are definitely interested, but we still have to continue to negotiate, because there has been no significant progress,” he added.
“The priority at this time to Inter from Juventus after Mauricio Isla’s new focus on the situation of Wellington.”
Sao Paolo willing to release one of the flagship to Europe if one is willing to pay $ 8 million euros.
“We have not talked the technical aspects, but borrowing is an option. About the price is not kapasiya me, “he continued.
Problem Isla, Juventus have confirmed will not sell it, but it is believed the statement of Turin is just a strategy to increase the value of the player in the transfer market.

Borussia Dortmund: Door Always Open For Shinji Kagawa

Borussia Dortmund: Pintu Selalu Terbuka Untuk Shinji Kagawa

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke stated the club will welcome the return of Shinji Kagawa with open arms when the Japanese midfielder left Manchester United.

Kagawa joined Dortmund to Old Trafford in 2012, but he struggled to meet the high expectations in his first season in the Premier League.

Kagawa recently stated keinginnnya back to Dortmund at a later time, and Watzke stated that the attacking midfielder will always be welcome in Signal Uduna Park.

“The door is always open for Shinji. Transfer is not an issue at this time,” said Watzke told Bild.

Kagawa contract with United still in effect until the summer of 2016, but his agent, Thomas Kroth, said his client did not immediately leave.

“For now I hope Shinji survive at Manchester United. However, you never know what’s going on in football,” Kroth said.

Competition Not Started, AS Monaco Already Reduced Two Points

French league club, AS Monaco, was given a reduction of three points (one point suspended) and are required to play one match behind closed doors after fans riot incident. This has been confirmed Professional Football League (LFP).
The new club was punished induced promotion of their fans after a 2-1 win over Le Mans on May 17. The incident occurred after Claudio Ranieri’s squad won the Ligue 2. At that time, home fans invaded the pitch. A fan even hit the referee.
“Behavior Monaco fans: use pyro, pitch invasion at the end of the game, and the brutal actions of his supporters told the referee ole,” the depiction of LFP related incidents.
“With regard to the facts that are so serious that, Monaco penalized one match and a penalty sealed three points, including the points are postponed, for the Ligue 1 next season.”
That means, Monaco will start next season with minus two points. This sanction inevitably be a blow for Monaco. The reason, they hope to compete with Paris Saint-Germain since Awwal competition for the league title.

Medical tests pass, Higuain-Reina Coming Up Players Napoli

Naples – Transfer Gonzalo Higuain and Pepe Reina soon completed by Napoli after both players pass the medical tests. To then Higuain and Reina will be introduced to the public next Monday.

This certainty was announced the president of Il Partenopei, Aurelio De Laurentiis, via his twitter account. Higuain himself purchased with a tag of 37 million euros from Real Madrid on loan for a season while Reina of Liverpool.

“Higuain and Reina has passed a medical and will soon be joining this team,” De Laurentiis said as quoted by Football Italia.

Move the top two players that would have lead to enthusiasm in all elements of the club ranging from brass to fans. Moreover Napoli Serie A team so the most active in the transfer market this shop.

Before Higuain and Reina, Napoli are now handled Rafael Benitez had already been bought Jose Callejon, Dries Mertens, Rafael Cabral, Raul Albiol and Pablo Armero.

These six players will then be formally introduced to the public San Paolo earlier this week or next Monday (29/7), coinciding with a friendly counter Galatasaray.

“On Monday we will celebrate tomorrow afternoon massively in San Paolo. You will be able to see the other new players as well,” he continued.

“You’ll get to see the new jersey, new club anthem and cheerleaders met Napoli. Napoli-Galatasaray will be a great night and always remembered in the history of this club.”

“Kam can say that we’ve worked hard, but we will not stop here! Forza Napoli always!”